NORTH DAKOTA COMMUNITY TREE INVENTORY/PLANNING TOOL
The ND TIP Tool provides cities useful information about their trees, so they can make the best decisions about managing their forests to maximize benefits communitywide.
Who: Any North Dakota city with a basic tree inventory completed as part of the NDFS’s Community Threat Assessment Protocol (CTAP) project (see map below)
What: A free, easy-to-use online tree inventory tool to support community forestry planning
How: At least one city forester or tree board member must participate in a one-hour webinar to learn the basics of the ND TIP Tool to receive access to their city’s online tree data
When: View a recorded training webinar to get started
Where: From any web-enabled device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) at ndcitytrees.org
Why: To make well-informed tree care decisions so North Dakota cities have healthy and diverse community forests
Get Started with ND TIP Tool Today
- View in a recorded one-hour training webinar to learn how to use the ND TIP Tool.
- Receive your personal code from NDUCFA (Shannon or Dana) via email to access your city’s data in the ND TIP Tool.
- Start using the ND TIP Tool to manage your community forest and log your hours monthly!
- View a recorded webinar on the ND TIP Tool’s EAB Cost Calculator.
What’s Included in ND TIP Tool?
- Online access to your original CTAP tree inventory completed by NDFS, plus the ability to add and remove trees to keep your inventory current
- Tree stats with colorful reports on species, health and size
- Ecosystem benefit values calculated by tree and communitywide
- Emerald ash borer cost calculator to help to make the most cost-effective management choices in preparation for the possible appearance of this invasive pest
- Cost-share project planning and maps that allow you to add planting spaces and identify poor condition trees for removal
- Tree Tours for the public (coming in fall 2018)
Learn more about the ND TIP Tool, built on Tree Plotter software from our vendor, Plan-It Geo.
Email or call Dana or Shannon at 701-355-4458 and we will get you connected to the ND Forest Service.
Need a Little Help with Tree Management?
Request assistance from our NDUCFA TA Team.
Email or call Dana or Shannon at 701-355-4458 for more information.
GRANT PROJECT SUPPORT
The North Dakota Urban and Community Forestry Association (NDUCFA), in partnership with the North Dakota Forest Service (NDFS), was awarded a three-year Western Forestry Leadership Coalition FY 2017 Landscape Scale Restoration Competitive Grant from the USDA Forest Service in the summer of 2017. This project is made possible through a grant from the USDA Forest Service. Each institution involved is an equal opportunity provider.